There are two main sources of admission to St. Michael’s Hospital – emergency admissions through the Emergency Department and pre-arranged admissions. All patients will be treated equally.
The staff at St Michael’s Hospital will endeavour to:
- Treat you with respect and dignity
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality
- Keep you informed of your plan of care
- Respect your right to make decisions regarding your care and treatment
- Respect your right to seek a second opinion
- Respect your diversity
Patients/clients will endeavour to:
- Respect the rights, property, privacy, and diversity of other patients and the healthcare team
- Discuss your wishes, preferences and decisions with the healthcare team
- Use health care resources in a responsible manner
You will be responsible for:
Understanding your health problems to your own satisfaction. If you do not understand your own illness or treatment ask your doctor, nurse and others about it. Understanding your health problems is important for the success of your treatment.