The Radiology Department is integrated with St. Vincent’s University Hospital and St. Vincent’s Private Hospital RIS/PACS (Radiology Information System/Picture Archiving and Communication System). As a result, all radiology examinations undertaken in St. Michael’s Hospital can be viewed in either of the above hospitals.
- Plain radiography
- Dental OPG films
- DEXA scanning.
To make an appointment
- Your examination request should include your contact details including name, address, DOB and phone number (mobile or landline).
- If you are waiting on results from a Covid-19 test, please do not attend the x-ray department until you have a negative result.
- No appointment is necessary for a Chest X-ray. Please attend 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday with your doctor’s referral letter.
All other examinations are done by appointment and you must have a referral letter from your doctor.
The following booking options are available:
- Fax the examination request to (01) 280 7046
- Personally, bring the examination request to the reception desk in the Radiology Department.
- Post the examination request to The Radiology Department, St. Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
- Email the examination request as an attachment to email@example.com
- Clerical staff will post an appointment letter to you or phone you to confirm your appointment date and time, depending on the type of examination requested.
Copy of images can be obtained by a written request from your doctor, for which a fee may be applied.
Patients attending St. Vincent’s University Hospital do not require copy images, as relevant images can be viewed on PACS by consultants.
Useful contact information
- Head of Department/Lead Consultant Radiologist – Dr. Jeff McCann
- Radiography Service Manager – Patricia Radebe
tel: (01) 280 9861
fax: (01) 280 7046
St. Michael’s Hospital
Lower George’s Street entrance
Mon-Fri: 09.00 – 17.00