We are committed to supporting and encouraging all staff in continued professional and personal development. As part of the St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group, a wide range of clinical, professional and personal development programmes are available on campus.
Recruitment at St. Michael’s Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital is committed to the recruitment, development, and retention of the highest calibre of staff, in order to provide the best quality health care to all of its patients. The principles we observe in our treatment and care of patients and in our dealings with staff are based on the core values of human dignity, compassion, justice, quality, advocacy and mutual respect.
What are the main occupation types employed?
There are broad ranges of occupations in St. Michael’s Hospital. The types of careers are categorised as follows:
- All grades of nurses and healthcare assistants. We will accept speculative applications for all nursing grades.
- All grades of doctors. We will accept speculative applications for SHO and registrars posts.
- Allied Health Professionals e.g. physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, dietitians etc
- Other health and social care professionals e.g. radiography, social workers, cardiology, pathology (all grades of scientists and biochemists), clinical psychologists, health promotion etc
- Management/Administration e.g. administrators at all grades who provide administration to all the different functions in the hospital, finance, HR, ICT etc
- Support staff e.g. porters, technical services, catering, security etc
- Patient and client care e.g. therapy and laboratory assistants, health care assistants etc
The Hospital will not accept speculative applications for all grades of staff noted above.
What types of contracts are offered? St. Michael’s Hospital offers both permanent and temporary employment opportunities.
What are the benefits of working with St. Michael’s Hospital?
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities
- Library facilities
- Subsidised pharmacy
- Access to subsidised gym facilities
- Access to health services credit union
- Group discount for health insurance
- Excellent access to public transport including dart and bus routes
- Tax saver commuter ticket scheme.